The time has come to nominate your stars for the 2017 WA Disability Support Awards.
The WA Disability Support Awards recognise and reward people who provide the highest standard of support to increase the quality of life and inclusion of people with disability.
The Awards celebrate the achievements of people who demonstrate excellence, passion, vision and commitment to supporting people with disability. They recognise those who go beyond ordinary standards of service and have a profound impact on the lives of the people they work with and support.
The Awards showcase the disability services sector as a place of innovation, a place for employment and a place to have a career.
The categories are:
- Excellence in Personal and Community Support Award
- Excellence in Improving Participation Award
- Excellence in Leadership Award
- Excellence in Improving Employment Opportunities Award
- Excellence in Regional Support Award
- Excellence in Advocacy and Rights Promotion Award
This year we have a new award category for demonstrating outstanding achievement in disability support. The seventh category cannot be nominated for, with the Overall Award for Excellence winner being drawn from the winners of the other six categories.
Nominations close 5pm, Friday 24 February 2017.
People with disability, families and carers or staff in disability sector organisations are encouraged to make nominations.
NDS WA is offering support and feedback in a number of ways:
- Attend one of our free half day workshop in early Feb
- Send us your nomination form before COB Friday 10 February 2017 to receive valuable guidance and feedback to strengthen your nomination
- Email any questions to email@example.com
Winners will be announced and presented with their award, including a cash prize of $2000, at a gala dinner on Saturday 29 April 2017 at Crown Perth. Tickets for the gala dinner will go on sale in January 2017.
For further information about nominations, please contact:
National Disability Services (NDS) WA
PO Box 184, Northbridge WA 6865
12 Lindsay, Street Perth WA 6000
T: 08 9208 9812 | F: 08 9242 5044 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org