The Disability Support Awards recognise and celebrate people who provide support to the highest standards to increase the quality of life and inclusion of people with disability in WA.
The awards showcase the disability services sector as a place of innovation, a place for employment, and a place to have a career. The awards also celebrate the achievements of people with disability and reward people who demonstrate excellence, passion, vision and commitment to supporting people with disability. These are people who go beyond ordinary standards of service and have a profound impact on the lives of the people they work with and support.
There are seven award categories, each for different areas of work:
- Excellence in Personal and Community Support Award - recognises a person or team who has made a significant contribution to providing and improving personal and community support to a person with disability.
- Excellence in Improving Participation Award - recognises a person or team who has made a significant contribution to improving the community participation, citizenship and inclusion of people with disability. This can include assisting people to participate in activities of interest in their community.
- Emerging Leader Award - recognises a person who has worked in the disability sector for less than five (5) years and has shown outstanding leadership ability, skill and a commitment to raising awareness of disability and influencing others to provide high quality support to people with disability.
- Excellence in Improving Employment Opportunities Award - recognises a person or team who has made a significant contribution in improving awareness of the employment of people with disability and/or have supported people with disability to achieve individual employment outcomes. This can include assisting a person with disability to develop a micro-business, volunteer, develop the skills to work, or find and keep a job.
- Excellence in Regional Support Award - recognises a person or team who has made a significant contribution to providing quality supports, services and opportunities to people with disability living in regional WA.
- Excellence in Advocacy and Rights Promotion Award - recognises a person or team who has made a significant contribution to supporting and promoting the rights of people with disability. This can include assisting people with disability to understand their rights, to assist people in understanding opportunities and choices available to them, and to develop the skills to make independent decisions and self-advocate.
- Lifetime Achievement Award - recognises a person who has worked in the disability sector for over 15 years, starting in a support worker or entry level role, and has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to improving outcomes for people with disability.
Award nominations have now closed. Download the full list of 2016 Disability Support Award nominees - PDF (343KB), WORD (3.50MB)
Winners and finalists will be announced at the 2016 Disability Support Awards Gala Dinner, to be held at Crown Perth on Saturday 2 July 2016. Early bird tickets are available - purchase your table today!
For further information about nominations, please contact:
National Disability Services (NDS) WA
Merissa Van Der Linden
Senior Projects Officer
PO Box 184, Northbridge WA 6865
12 Lindsay, Street Perth WA 6000
T: 08 9208 9812 | F: 08 9242 5044 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News & Media
2016 award nominations now closed!
Thank you to everyone who nominated their stars for the 2016 Disability Support Awards. Judging is currently underway. Here is the full list of 2016 nominees - PDF (343KB), WORD (3.50MB)
Purchase a table to the Gala Dinner
The 2016 Disability Support Awards gala dinner will be held on Saturday 2 July 2016 at Crown Perth. Early Bird tickets on sale now!